”Good Laugh and a Good Sleep” are the two best cures. Every human living deserves to get a good night sleep but for some tossing and turning over the bed seems like impossible, unable to grab sound sleep further creates more anxiety, stress, and frustration. Waking up every morning thinking abouts sleep and staying whole day crancky and as the night approach once again worring about sleep seems like endless cycle with no solution.
The amount of sleep for adults, ranges from seven to nine hours per night. Children and teens need even more night sleep than adults.
A DAY WITHOUT SLEEP Is just enough to ruin your upcoming days
- Reduced attention span
- Worsened memory
- Suppressed immunity
- Increased in cortisol level
- Lack of energy
- Memory is impaired
Insomnia is growing rapidly. The National Institutes of Health predicts that America’s sleep debt is on the rise and that by the middle of the 21st century more than 100 million Americans will have difficulty falling asleep.
Insomnia is more common in older adults, females, and people with medical and mental ill health. People with night shifts jobs, divoreced, jetlag , suffer more with Insomnia. Insomnia could be acute or chronic.
How to know if you are suffering from Insomnia ????
If you have anyone experienced:
- Trouble falling asleep
- Trouble staying in sleep
- Trouble falling back to sleep
Did you know women suffer more than men?
It’s because of hormonal changes during menopause, over sensitive to temperature either feel very hot or very cold. They are multitasking, over loaded with work and Ofter they are taking care of elders and sick people in family.
The three pillars of life according to Ayurveda is Aahar (proper digestion), Nidra (proper sleep) & Brahmacharya (proper management of sexual activities). When these three areas are in a state of balance, the body and mind will reach its full potential of health and wellness and guaranteed to have a a full life span that will not be cut short by any disease.
Insomnia is primarily caused due to disturbance in Vata (Air and ether) and Pitta( Fire and water) doshas they both have the same quality of light, quick and upward energy where else for one to get good sleep we need opposite qualities and downward energy.
ROUTINE TO CREATE TO GET BLISSFULL SLEEP
- Get up and go to bed at the same time every day, even on weekends:
- Keep bedroom quiet, dark, cool and comfortable:
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine 4-6 hours before bedtime:
- Avoid exercise before bedtime:
- Avoid eating or drinking just before going to bed:
- Restricting an electronic device an hour before sleep.
- A good relaxing massage with Almond oil or cocounut oil to entire body or just feet
- Listening to relaxing music
- Using essential oil such as Lavendor, Frankincense resin
- Bannana, Pistachios and Cherries are high in Melatonin.
- Practice of Asanas and yoga nidra, Pranayama and Meditation increases flexibility, and creates body mind and soul union.
- Herbs like Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Shankapushpi, Valerian recommended by your practitioner after assesemnt of imbalnces.
Shirodhara a blissfull therapy where the warm oil/ buttermilk with other herbal decotions is dripped on the third eye chakra or ajna chakra is very beneficial for inducing a good sleep. An ayurvedic vaidya after throughly analysing the disturbance will plan the treatment plan for 3,7 ,9 , 11 or 21 days of panchakarma therapy.